Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Daranak. Batlag and the Hinulugang Taktak : Water Falls Dilemma...

Long time no write in here, I have so many things to share, but this one is urgent.  I was looking forward for this one day trip. I went to Tanay Rizal last July 2009. I was able to see the famous Daranak Falls. I took some pictures and here are they :P

Daranak Falls

Daranak Falls

Daranak Falls

 For more pictures try to visit my Ang Bayan Ninyo ^^,

So after three years, I returned back to visit  Daranak falls, I brought two foreign friends with me. It came out of my mind that April 9, 2012 was part of the longest weekends in Philippines. It started Thursday for the Holy week vacation and April 9 still a Public Holiday because of the Day of Valor. I did not realized and did not expect that there will be so many people in the falls. We paid 20 pesos for the entrance.  I think it is  for the maintenance of the area. But what are they maintaining? If people who entered there destroys the area plus they leave their garbage behind so sad. In this area people should only take pictures and leave nothing but footprints.

Too much people at Daranak



So many people Swimming on Daranak Falls.  People = Food = Plastic Bags = Garbage,,, it's so frustrating that people just throw their garbage anywhere :( ,,, What does the people on the park doing? I hope people of the Tanay Government will  provide info about the importance of the spot and what are the trees, plants, animal, insect, birds species that can be found there.  We spent only around 15 minutes here, then proceeded to the Batlag Falls.

Welcome sa Batlag
 
Batlag falls located on a private land,,, I got a bad experience here last time, just read my experience here. This time we were able to enter Batlag falls. Entrance fee is 50 peso, thinking that it is private and cost alittle expensive I thought only few people are there. To my dismay same situation  on Daranak falls, we Filipinos really do not think what we are doing,,, Cooking BBQ everywhere, throwing garbage anywhere, destroying nature while having fun :(.. I hope we appreciate nature and keep it beautiful.


Batlag falls

Batlag turns Brown
 
Basura

BBQ

I hope on these two sites the management must set a designated spot for eating and have an orientation about the place plus reminding the Do's and Don'ts so that the cleanliness and the natural beauty of the place be preserve.

From Tanay, Rizal we rode a Jeepney going to Antipolo's Hinulugang Taktak. We arrived at the Hinulugang Taktak National park, entrace is 8 pesos. the ambiance is better than Daranak and Batlag because you can feel you are inside a national park,,,somehow I got the impression that it is organized. They have garbage bins for biodegradable and non bio. But...




Going down you can see clearly some spot of negligence. This is a National Park and people pays to enter too, yet many garbage sores the eyes. Regarding the Waterfall as water drops bubbles also form, It seems they are soap bubbles, since upstream the river flows along residential area, so I guess it is also connected to the drainage system of the houses, too bad because it destroys the beauty of the falls, I hope the park management is aware of the problem.

Hinulugang Taktak

Hinulugang Taktak and Detergent Bubbles



Sapa

Basura


P.S.
To see the beauty of Daranak here is link from one of my Idol

Daranak  Falls by digiseph

How to Go to Tanay please click Che's Blog



4 comments:

  1. omg. nalungkot ako bigla. :( your first three photos of Daranak are superb! sobrang nakakalungkot na hindi na siya naalagaan.

    i heard about the soap suds in Hinulugan. what a pitiful sight! horrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. andaming basura sa Batlag. grabe, nalungkot ako.

    thanks for the post onin. hope this issues get resolved soon before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo nga dapat talaga meron plan na i preserve yung mga sites,,, sayang lang kasi parang naging swimming resort sila :( meron pa nga ako nakita kumuha ng malaking tipak ng lupa tapos tinapon sa tubig.... yan tuloy napaisip kung meron uncharted na locations better not to disclosed it to public or much better from the start maglagay na sila set of rules para sundan ng mga pinoy na matitigas ang mga ulo... :P

      Delete
    2. i hope the same fate will not happen to Anawangin, Nagsasa and Calaguas. haaay. napaisip nga ako kanina. I think blog material din na ieducate ang mga turista/travelers on how to preserve and maintain the cleanliness sa lugar na pinupuntahan. ex: dapat magdala ng trash bag at iuwi sa bahay ang mga basura nila. pero more than that, yung local government has to be involved na din sa pagawa ng guidelines.

      Delete