Saturday, June 25, 2011

Onin45...Kimi no Machi...Your Town...Ang Bayan Ninyo

So what is the motive in creating this account? I will try to venture to promote more about my beloved country the Philippines. My name is Onin and I love meeting people and taking pictures.

My name is Nino Bayan. I call my page 'Ang Bayan Ninyo'. In Filipino language it means 'Your Town'.
The impression of people especially the ones who had never been to the Philippines is that my country the Philippines is a very dangerous country. Well I do not say they are wrong and I would not say they are right. News sometimes exaggerates the facts.

Philippines is composed of 7,107 islands. If some terrorist bombed one place, it doesn't make the whole country dangerous. Don't you think so. The Philippines is an island nation. Every islands has its own culture, and own languages. In Philippines we have roughly more than 170 languages. I for one my native tongue is called Kapampangan. One of the Major languages in the Philippines.

We say 'Mayap a Abac' for 'Good Morning' and in Tagalog it is 'Magandang Umaga'

The Kapampangan people are located in the Central Plains of Luzon. Our Province is called Pampanga.
They say Pampanga is the Culinary Capital of the Philippines, this is where the best foods in the Philippines are located they say. We have a share of bizzare foods too, maybe part of the culture, My people being in the central plains of Luzon, naturally farmlands can be found. We have foods selections raging from insects to mammals that are found in rice fields such as crickets, grasshoppers, beetles, frogs, mice? never eaten though, the beast of burden of the Philippines the Carabao ( Water Buffalo). More of those stuffs in another post.

The Carabao (Kalabaw)


Pampanga is also famous for beautiful churches, I have been to some of them and will definitely post some of them here. We have also the elaborate celebration of the Christmas Season and the Holy Week.
In Pampanga every December we have The Ligligan Parol ( Giant Lantern Festival) and every Good Friday we have some people nailed on the Cross at Cutud, San Fernando, re-enacting the passion of Christ.
 
The Giant Lantern Festival
The Crucifixion at Cutud, San Fernando



Something unheard of by many, the first anniversary of  the Philippines Independence was held in Pampanga at Angeles City, in this building.



If you happen to pass by Angeles City you will see the Kapampangan Museum located inside my alma matter The Holy Angel University, This museum houses the facts about my beloved province. Fronting it is the Angeles Museum ( Museo ning Angeles) where you can find naturally the facts regarding the city of Angeles.




This is my first attempt to write in this blogger account of mine, thanks for today's rainy weather courtesy of FALCON the one who brings us lots of rain and made people think about Ondoy, I did not go out from my house ^^, So welcome to the Philippines sorry for introducing Pampanga first ^^,

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog nino!...miss our hometown..keep writing..love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete