Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ang Bayan Ninyo 2012...

One time I had a dream about taking pictures of something which I can not recall. What I remember is that I was taking a picture then suddenly my camera split into two. Waah no more camera. My camera is almost 2 years old. I used it so much maybe It will reached its end soon. I am glad it captured so many good memories and sights. D60 お疲れ様でした^^

February 24, I got a new baby, her name is  Fujifilm X10, I am still finding my way how to work it out. In the meantime I will give rest to my Nikon D60, she served me well these past years.

It is already the last week of February, but I never update this site. Maybe to busy or just to lazy to update. I will be trying to design too my new banner. Upload pics from past travels like Palawan, Cebu, Bohol, Boracay and Etc... I hope I will not be too lazy to upload later... :P

I tried to make one blog, about the Philippines. A friend of mine once talked about how the image of the Philippines is perceived. My Friend is Japanese, he told me if you search it on google using English and Japanese the results varies.

If you type in the word Philippines in google and look for images, the Philippine nature will be displayed, however when you key in フィリピン (firipin) in Japanese pictures of girls will fill the screen. Is this the image of the Philippines to the Japanese eyes. I hope I can changed that image that Philippines has alot more to offer, not just of girls on pub.


Search Image: Philippines

 

Search Image: フィリピン

I also have a friend whose perception of Philippines is a little bit strange. He thought that Philippines is a land filled with Banana trees, people are so dark and the place is like a garbage of mountain. Partly they are right if you go to banana plantations you will see bananas :P.There are also dark colored people but there are also light colored people, Philippines is a mixture of different races, from the Aetas, Igrots, and other Philippine tribes, there are also mixtures of European due to 345 years of colonization of Spain. Many Chinese and Indians and Arab descends too due to a long history of trading. There are also Americans, Japanese decends due to occupation.

Regarding the Mountain of Garbage yes we have it but there are also some places like that aside from the Philippines. In Philippines we are poor in waste management that is why garbage piled up :(. One of my friend when he arrived in Philippines he was so surprised to see skycrappers on Makati, Aside from Makati you can also try to visit the Fort, Eastwood City and other places. Most of the foreign people I talk to are so amazed that the shopping malls in the Philippines are too large compare it to malls they saw in their own country. I jokingly answer these are the parks in the Philippines, since the Philippine is an everlasting summer, we Filipinos love airconditioner ^^,

Regarding safety, where ever you are, just be careful, For example, do not display your glittering gold jewelries amid the crowd, it is common sense :) if you do not want to be held Up, just dress plainly and not flashy, if you go to public places.

I have to remind you too to always bring your own toilet paper wherever you go around Philippines, because we Filipinos rarely uses that :P So in case of emergency just prepare because you will not find one in the toilets :P

I am off topic again sorry for no cohesion, I just write what I feel ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment