Monday, December 26, 2011

Akyat Pinatubo : Climb Pinatubo

Akyat Pinatubo 2011

June 12, 1991, Philippines Independence Day, A Wednesday, no classes, I was watching a movie of Dolphy the Philippines King of Comedy when people outside created a noise. The world is ending? As I go outside our house, I saw a grey smoke coming from the west part of the Zambales Mountain ranges, I can't believe it we have an active volcano on sight. The year Mt. Pinatubo erupted is the year the contract of the American Military Bases in the Philippines expires. Anyways, I remember we went to Bulacan to evacuate on June 15 there was a typhoon, the sky was darken by combine forces of ash and sand plus rain. Surely we thought the world will gonna end. The eruption of Mt. Pinatubo brought disaster to the "Rice granary of the Philippines" burying most low lands of Central Luzon, and making many people unemployed because of the closing of the Clark and Subic. This event made the Aeta people flee from the mountains to escape the wrath of Apu Mallari  (Mt. Pinatubo) . This event forced them to become beggars for some years, but now they return to the mountains and continues with their life of simplicity.

This page is about Mt. Pinatubo, when I did hiking, I climbed Mt. Pinatubo 2 times the first time was in the year 2008, around June with two office mates. Then this year around February with some friends. On both trips I joined on a group tour. Just pay money and be there no need to organize.

But if you want to go there from Manila, take buses going to the North ( Going to Pangasinan, Going to Baguio) then drop by at Capas, Tarlac, then go to Brgy. Sta. Juliana (by tricycle)  and register for the climb. Warning: They charge different fee for foreigners, the reason I do not know :(

Pinatubo Climb with Office mates June 2008

Sta. Juliana, Capas, Tarlac









































With Kuya Lam and Ate Mabs















with Charme






February 2011, Pinatubo Climb with non-office mates ^^,




























































2 comments:

  1. It's nice seeing Yumi again through your pictures. I haven't climbed Pinatubo, Mt. Mayon either. I'm afraid they might erupt at any time that I'm on the climb. xd

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^, try it,,, i hope next time mt. fuji ^^ tara japan tayo in the future ^^

    ReplyDelete