Friday, December 23, 2011

Taal Volcano the Smallest Volcano in the World



Taal is in Batangas, but the best view of it is in Cavite, there was once a commotion in the net that a BIG BATANGAS letters be place on the worlds smallest volcano. But I'm not here to talk about that :P.

It does not appeal to me that is it the smallest volcano in the world but what I learned posted in the guest house we live in.  There was once  living sharks in the lake, until 1930's until they were wiped out by over fishing. I think it is also for safety reasons, because sharks are carnivores.
Viewing the lake you can still see fishes that can be found in the sea, these creatures adapted from salt water to fresh water.  Like the TAWILIS, a kind of fresh water sardines that is only found inside the TAAL lake. Sorry no picture, but here is a link from wiki about TAWILIS.



I climbed Taal Volcano last March 2010, this was our company summer outing. From Balai Isabel we rode a boat, then went to the Island where Taal Volcano is located,  I was the road was dusty because it was El Nino during that time the soil was so dry, so dust fly freely. On the trail I saw many butterflies, some frogs and heard a Gecko crying  "TUUKO", on the trail I saw pet bottles thrown by people so sad :(


Below is a text in Japanese, corrected by friends in one language site ^^,

昔はタール湖にサメがいました

フィリピンには特別な湖があります。
その湖はTAAL湖と言います。
昔、湖は外の海につながっていました。
火山の噴火で新たな陸地が形成されました。
そして湖は外の海と切り離されました。
わずかな海洋生物がその湖に閉じ込められました。
それらの海洋生物は淡水に適応しました。
その湖に淡水イワシが生きてます。
地元語でそれらは「TAWILIS」と呼ばれています。
サメも1930年までその湖にいました。
乱獲されてサメは絶滅しました。
湖の中に小活火山があります。
火山はTAAL火山と言います。
TAAL火山は世界で最小の活火山だと思います。
この前、会社の慰安旅行でTAAL火山を登りました。
たくさん汗がしたたり落ちました。:P


Here are some Pictures of Taal.

Picture of me taken by my officmate

Picture of me taken by my Officemate



Office Peeps

Picture of me taken by my officmate




Flower


Sunset



Macopa

Mango Flowers





















 






Frog

Sweat after Hike








Taal Crater

No comments:

Post a Comment